Solicitors Regulation Authority Compliance and Reporting
Dufton Kellner act for a number of law firms in Wirral and the surrounding area and are experienced with the accounting regulations with which solicitors must comply, including the complex SRA Accounting Rules for solicitors.
All practicing solicitors who deal with client money are required by the Law Society to provide an annual Accountant's Report. A firm of accountants, registered as auditors with one of the authorised accountancy bodies, must prepare and sign the Accountant's Report. The report to the SRA is submitted by the accountant to the solicitor together with a checklist summarising the accountant's work and findings.
Dufton Kellner can help
Dufton Kellner can make a real difference to the financial performance of your practice, with our expert knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules and a specialist understanding of the commercial needs of solicitors.
As specialist accountants for solicitors, we can:
- Advise on the systems and controls of client accounts to help improve compliance with the rules and the SRA Accounting Guidelines
- Undertake the required compliance checks and prepare and submit the mandatory Accountant's Report required by the SRA Accounts Rules
- Assist with the practical application of the SRA Accounts Rules, including handling client money, controlled trusts and the need to maintain a central register
- Use the auditing process to identify strengths and weaknesses in the finances of the practice
- Offer industry specific advice on a range of other areas, including accounting, taxation and business development.
Dufton Kellner can alleviate the burden of complying with the Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules, allowing you to concentrate on running your practice.
To discuss our SRA Accounts Rules compliance and reporting and compliance services, please contact the Wirral office of Dufton Kellner. We would be delighted to assist you.